I decided it’s about time that my faces had somewhere to call home but with a limit on finances for art supplies at the moment & not quite having what I wanted, I tried to be innovative with what I had on hand. Which, amounted to a surplus of office supplies. So I cut up some paper folders & reinforced the edges of some large white envelopes & eyeletted one side for binding & punched a hole in the other end (with the flap) so that I could add a string or ribbon tie. It is quite soft & flexible, but save for decorating the fronts of the envelopes & general doodling (which I left space for) – I won’t actually be working into the book, just using it to hold all my bits & pieces & drawings, so it’s ok that it’s not that sturdy. It’s function is really more of a folio, rather than a journal as such. The sides are tied together loosely with some narrow ribbon. I might change that in time if I come across something that particularly appeals to me, but for now, this looks nice & it’s functional enough.