Still booking

Standard

I have spent half of this weekend in school, one of the courses I am doing requires some Saturdays, and fairy clock yesterday was one of them.  It seemed like such a waste of time sitting in a lecture room, with sparkling sunlight twinkling in at us through the windows & the delicious feel of spring in the air. Today I wanted to make up for it.  Impending assessment dead lines are forcing me to commit to decisions (which may NOT be entirely a bad thing) and follow through instead of procrastenating about challenges, design ideas and possibilities with this book in a box I am making.  SO today I 'blocked' in the base of my 'Fed Square' book form, in order to make it open out better, stuck the 'top' on and am working on the pages.  I made the original of origami folded squares & triangles that mimiced the mosaic on the outside of the building, however they are separate pieces, glued together & I am working on trying to make it without glued sections to avoid the 'bulk' from double thicknesses in sections.  Still resolving that one.  fed sq book form A new challenge has presented itself.  Now that the base is blocked out, it seems to have 'pushed' out the walls of the box ever so slightly which has made the lid quite firm.  Consequently, I will definitely need some sort of 'opener' on the top – that DOESN'T wreck the asthetics of my 'mosaic' & will tie in appropriately.  I have the standard kind of things: 7 gypsies (which I LOVE, but doesn't work on this) – old door handles, (but this is an ULTRA modern new building, so that doesn't quite suit)………..hmmmmm………..thinking music…………. mmmm…… thinking cap on – but it's rotating round & round of it's own accord!  Yep…. nothing yet – don't know what I'm quite going to do yet…. but HERE'S THE NEW EDITION – this book was made for a very dear friend that I have known for about 15 years…. she travels from time to time, & although is deep in business usually when she does, she is very creative & enjoys to paint & draw.  I have made her a hand stitched book that has a combination of high end cartridge for notes & drawings, watercolour paper, decorative pages to stick things on to & some other special bits.  These include mylar pockets, archival envelopes and pages of thick acetate (to use as a watercolour palette).  The out side is silk, the inside is cotton & there are pockets on the inside of both the front & back.  You don't get any sense of it at all from the slide show, but it is all shades of pink, from burgandy to soft baby pink.   I will post some more pics of this one finished in a few days.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s