Ok – I am back in the web world with STRICT instructions from 'web-boy' DO NOT TOUCH SETTINGS! (scary man! LOL!) It probably WON'T actually stop me from having a go – 'cos of course – I have to pay him every time he comes & 'tweeks' something for me so its a case of risk vs cost!! Amazing how much art I got done while I didn't have the internet! I must really spend more time on it than I realise – but then I love it – how else would I have met you fine folk??? In my absence – I have been 'tagged' by the very lovely Tami and Lucy both in the same week. I am to tell you 6 quirky things about myself & tag 6 others. So without trying to be too 'DEEP' (how unlike me!)…here goes……..
1. I love the sensation of leaving the ground when I am flying
2. I rarely paint with a brush (except now that I am learning watercolours – I mostly do)
3. I am a book-a-holic and my dream house has a huge traditional two story style library (complete with wooden 'shelf' ladders – like the one that belongs to Bill Parrish (Anthony Hopkins) in the film Meet Joe Black – whoa – now THAT's a LIBRARY! I find it VERY hard to throw out a book – particularly if it has become one of my friends along life's journey.
4. I am obsessive about the colour of things and it ALWAYS influences my buying decisions. (my husband doesn't understand how this even figures in a car purchase, but I think that car manufacturers are starting to recognise this!)
5. I am attracted to soulful, old, imperfect objects, with a patina that only comes with age - I almost take on a responsibility for the heritage they hold. I keep buying these sorts of things to alter – but then I can't bear to.
6. I like to view life through a lens & reflect on it later
The lucky people that I am tagging for this exercise are: the very clever Debbi Baker, my new art buddy Natalie, the abundantly resourceful Kelsey, the amazing Linda, the young & aspiring art of Dragon Baby and the VERY COLOURFUL & always inspiring Gaby.
AND now – for some art –
I kinda touched on this subject a little at the start of my 'A Journey of the Soul' journal – the intangilble, almost etheral mix of factors required to 'create' and for your 'creative process'. There are days it pours out of me – there are other days I can't STRAIN something out – I currently find myself with a list of 20 art 'obligations' (things that I am committed to participating in) and yet I don't want to work on any of them – I just want to draw at the minute………I am not feeling very 'painterly' lately – which is a little odd – 'cos i generally love the sensation of acrylics oooozing between my fingers…..anyways – I have lots of 'drawings' to share over the next couple of days….here's a little watercolour I did over the weekend….a 'thorny seahorse' with a bit of artistic colour license.