I am the birthday girl today…….. thanks to all those who remembered & have sent kind thoughts, well wishes & little ‘remembrances’. My package of stamps arrived from Catherine Moore a couple of days ago, (my gift from DH) & I am looking forward to exploring those. Jenene spoilt me with a gorgeous Cavallini calandar of PARIS for next year. Although I need to work, I am having lunch with my pal Lynne at one of our fav. haunts AND supper tonight with my kids & grandbabies. This is the day that I usually spend reflecting on the past year, counting the good & understanding things that I could have done better. If I was to catagorize myself, I would say that I am quite a reflective person…. it is how creations are born from me, it is how I relate, & WHY I just can’t play card games where you have to cheat! (my children have great fun teasing me about this) Last night I had a bit of a revelation about myself…….. and decided that I was a SHEEP……. Regardless of all of my lofty ideals of ‘setting trends & not following them’ something happened last night that has really gotten me thinking. We live in at the foothills of a National Park which is quite treed with native species that tend to readily hurl large branches as the whim takes them. This means that we regularly have power failures which is a bit frustrating, but it goes with the territory. Last night JUST at the climax of my fav. who dunnit, CSI, AND JUST before I was about to retreat to my studio for some much anticipated creating, the power went off. NO COMPUTER, NO STUDIO, NO MUSIC, nothing. I realised how lost I was without it. My biggest shock was to realise, that because we now have a modern phone with a sender station, that relies on AC power, I didn’t even have a phone. I wanted to ring my daughter to check that she and the Princess were ok, however (I did not realise this before, but no power meant no phone). Since we have changed to our AMAZING (NOT@!) new mobile network we have limited, patchy reception on our mobiles…despite it only being just after 8pm….. DH went to bed (his answer to all things perplexing!) so it was quite isolating really. I WILL be reflecting on how to change this in the future!! .
Just for fun, I have completed the personality test listed in the side bar…… my DH read it this morning & says it is a perfect description of me!. Scary huh!!!. What does your’s say?? .
You are a Considerate Artist.
· Your appreciation of beauty, ability to think abstractly, and innovativeness make you an ARTIST.
· Never one to be tied to a particular way of doing things, you let your imagination guide you in discovering different possibilities.
· You would rather seek out new experiences than stick to your everyday habits, taking in as much of the world as possible.
· Your eye for beauty and your willingness to consider different perspectives make your creative efforts interesting—even though you may not realize this yourself.
· You prefer to think about things before voicing your opinion, considering a wide, diverse range of options. · While there are forms and styles that you prefer, you tend to keep an open mind when it comes to your artistic preferences.
· You are curious about things, interested in the "why" more than the “how.”
· You have an active imagination that leads you express yourself in a distinct way.
· Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts
· You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people’s notions of style.
· Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.