HERE IT IS……..the first page in my new journal. Which now HAS a title, however, I am going to work on the front of the journal & the title page now over the next few days, so that will be my next post.
I worked up this page using old music & an old flower encyclopedia from 1903 as background. I used pages & pages of old B & W line drawings of flowers & old sheet music between them, just layering them until I was happy with the combination. I used a Basic Grey paper from their Motifica range for the water & ‘washed’ it over with a glaze made from Golden Acrylic Medium, Moon Glow & Golden Heavy Bodied Acrylic. I created a palette from Golden’s Green Gold (my fav.); Raw Umber, Titan Buff, Cobalt Teal, Terre Verte Hue & Cerulean Blue, Chromium (using Golden Acrylic Medium to ‘dilute’ them & maintain a ‘washy’ look). When they had dried, I added the fish & some heart stencilling from some ‘sequin waste’ in various colours scattered around. After that, I have used several other stamps to ‘build’ the intricacy of the background in light colours, so as not to impose on the main theme. THEN I attempted to add my bird via a gel transfer. The old paper didn’t take the paints & mediums too well & the first time, I tore away more paper than I left I think! I found myself doing little ‘repairs’ in the form of ‘painty bits’ along the way. The second try was better than the first & I am happy overall with the result.
I recently discovered these gorgeous covered buttons from K & Company…..I thought I’d scan them before I took it apart ‘cos they are just so luscious all on the card together. I have had the name ‘Mrs Bouquet’ in my inspiration box for the past couple of weeks & I think these buttons are going to inspire me to my next page in my new journal & Mrs. Bouquet will have a starring role!