I must say, I have been a little behind with my normal ‘blogging’ over the past few weeks with all that packing, renovating, fetching & carrying that’s been going on since easter. I regularly check out lots of blogs & it is pure indulgence for me to blog-surf (ie follow links from one to another) if I have a spare moment. I caught up with Kelsey O’Mullane’s blog http://ko-ok.blogspot.com/ for the first time for a couple of weeks & was honoured to find she has nominated me as a Thinking Blogger. ‘Keron (colour guru) is my next one. She is another "wordy" person….just like I am, do love that in ya Keron! lol Beautiful art as well.’ wrote Kelsey. Wow…..thanks Kelsey, you’re a champ!
This was award was set up by some one who basically was tired of the ‘froff’ & bubble that was occuring on some sites & wanted to give recognition to people who were really coming up with something interesting. The link below explains how it all began.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote
SO: MY THINKING BLOGGER AWARDS GO TO:
note: ANY list that I made would have to include Kelsey, however, we have a mutual admiration society thing happening……..& ANYONE who reads her blog KNOWS what a THINKING BLOGGER she is & she already has the award to prove it!
1. The most THINKING & thought provoking ‘blogger’ I know, actually doesn’t have a blog!! Cynthia Couch is from Kansas & is one of the moderators of my online art group Paper Traders. She constantly enquires & stretches us to think about our art & where it comes from with her thought provoking insights & comments. She is a great personal inspiration to me & an amazing artist, you can view her work here: http://pics.livejournal.com/sutospeak
2. Another Paper Traders artist, Gisele Therezien – A special online friend from Jersey UK, Gisele always inspires me to think outside the box, inspiring all kinds of new projects! http://artescapes.blogspot.com/
3. Rande Hanson – I just adore her work, & while I generally don’t like to look at other people’s work as I feel it will influence me, & I won’t have a single original idea…………Rande’s blog is a visual splendour I cannot deny myself. I am in awe from afar! http://r2artstudio.typepad.com/
4. Joanna Pierotti – I don’t know Joanna at all, however I find the art she is creating as she journals her way through her cancer treatment is very touching. Each piece of her art is soulful http://mosshill.blogs.com/
5. My last award goes to a blog that makes ME think alot! Alot, alot. Nothing really to do with art at all…….but then ART isn’t my WHOLE life, even though I like to think it is. This is a blog that talks about future trends & what our lives may look like 10, 20 50 years out (for those of us that will last that long) It really is fascinating take a peak! http://toptrends.nowandnext.com/
SO, there it is, MY list of 5 congratulations to you all. You all have impact on my life in both big & small ways every single day. Thank you.